Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Girls' Bedroom - Before & After

Here are the "before" shots from our moving day:



Notice the snow frozen on the window!  What a day to move, brr!  Anyway,  let's break down what I'm working with:
  • 2 built in desks with cabinets - love the built ins, not crazy about the dusty blue laminate desk tops & hardware (but we're renting, so we'll work with it!)
  • Light blue walls
  • Long, narrow room - but kind of built for two (the bookshelves create this)
  • Plaid curtains of maroon, navy, green, and dark yellow.  Those will go. :)
I've decided to work with the color of blue already in the room.  I have a lot of blue & white ticking, some toile & burlap fabric left over from projects years ago.  Using all things I already owned (free!), I created a sort of country girl feeling.  A little bit country, a little bit romantic & feminine... perfect for a girls room in the middle of the wheat fields!



I'll tell you how I did the projects that pulled this room together soon - including those lettered throw pillows & the banners hanging over the curtains.  I managed to do all of this for free(!) with things I had around the house.  You totally can too... stay tuned!
P.S. I may add a little more to complete it.  But this is a staged room - so the rule is sweet, simple & clean decor - not too fussy or full.

No comments:

Post a Comment