Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Valentines Day Tea

A few Saturdays ago we had a Valentines Day Tea and Luncheon for our girls and a few of their friends. 

I mixed and matched different pieces of my china with our red fiesta ware. The table was set with a red plastic table cloth, topped with a white lace table cloth. I found red card stock I already had and used a punch around the edges to create a pretty placemat. I tied everything together with large "confetti" made up of circles and hearts sprinkled around the table.


 I created a chandelier effect with balloons and tissue paper poufs.


I also made this fun (& free!) garland out of old scrapbooking paper, a circle-shaped punch, string and dabs of hot glue. Then I draped it everywhere!

The mantel got it too.  I displayed an antique cream and sugar set my mom gave me here too.













We had a simple, kid-friendly menu - including heart-shaped sandwiches (PB&J, cucumber & cream cheese and egg salad)...
... fruit...


 ...and yummy desserts, including cupcakes and decorate-your-own heart-shaped sugar cookies.

I invited moms to either drop their girls off or stay and have some coffee.


It was fun catching up in the dining room as we listened to our giggling girls in the kitchen.

To greet the guests as they came and left, the front door got a moss wreath, with a red bow and cookie cutter heart - a new combination of old things I had.



It was a fun and very sweet afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment