Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Everything But The Kitchen Sink

Several years ago, I learned how important the kitchen sink area can be for a mom with kids.  Everything else in the house can be dirty.  But if my kitchen sink is clean, I feel better. Before and after meals, washing my hands all the time, cleaning everything - I am staring at that sink all day!  So why not make it look pretty?  

For this snowy January I'm decorating with pine cones and snow. Just a little bit of decor - because I like a clean look after all the Christmas stuff comes down. But the kitchen sink is one place I prioritize.

I like using apothocary jars because they protect candles and decor from splashes AND they don't block any light from flooding through the windows.  For Spring, I'm thinking of replacing the pine cones with some mini flowering bulbs or primroses.

So today, as I stare out at the freshly falling North West snow, I'm glad to invest a few minutes on this corner of the house.  Because if my kitchen sink is shiny and clean, it helps me keep the rest of the kitchen semi-clean.  And let's face it, if the kitchen is clean, the rest of the house doesn't feel that bad!

You can read more about this "Shine Your Sink" theory and more from The Fly Lady.  I'm telling you, she rocked by world and changed the way I manage clutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment